Code of Conduct
We are committed to making Lovebyte an inclusive and welcoming demoparty.
Unfortunately, sometimes harassment happens in the demoscene community. We've set these ground rules to make it abundantly clear that this kind of behavior is not acceptable, so that everyone can feel comfortable attending the Lovebyte demoparty. Everybody in the Lovebyte community is required to abide by this code of conduct on any of its online channels.
We do not tolerate abuse, harassment, or discriminatory behavior of any form. Specifically:
- Do not engage in homophobic, biphobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced behavior.
- Do not harass people. Stalking, threatening behavior, and unwanted sexual attention is harassment.
- Everyone's personal space is their own. If you are asked to leave someone alone you must respect this.
- You may not use our channels to post personally-identifiable information.
- Sexualized language and imagery is not appropriate.
- Aggression and elitism are not welcome — do not belittle people for their knowledge or experience.
Reporting an Incident
If you are being harassed or witness a breach of this code of conduct, you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Moderators will be present in online channels operated by lovebyte organisation and their identity will be established by a group message at regular intervals throughout the stream. Tagging them in your message will elicit a response.
During our stream, we aim to reach a decision on all conduct issues within 30 minutes. Outside of channels operated by us, we cannot guarantee support.
All reports will be taken seriously and will be considered in confidence by our team.
If we believe you have violated this code of conduct we may issue you with a warning, with which you are expected to comply. If your behaviour is considered harmful, we may ban you from any online channels.
Serious breaches will result in your immediate banning from all channels and a ban from all future lovebyte events. We may involve the police, with the consent of the victim.
If you have any comments or queries, you can get in touch at [email protected]. This Code of Conduct is derived from the EMF Camp code of conduct, which is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License. This variant was last revised on 2020-07-02. No endorsement of Lovebyte demoparty by EMF Camp is implied by this usage.